How it works
Our rail and civil engineering management experts have extensive experience in leading, managing and integrating complex programmes of infrastructure construction in roles such as Programme Manager, Integration Engineer, Designated Project Engineer and Contractor’s Engineering Manager.
ei understand the multitude of interfaces and the detail of handovers that need to be successfully managed to deliver a construction project and use systems engineering tools to define and articulate these to wider project teams.
“Thank you for 'going the extra mile' in the run up to and across the Partial closure”
Project Lead - Network Rail
Our services include:
- Provision of rail engineering management, civil engineering and systems engineering expertise to design and construction projects, operating across infrastructure clients, Tier 1 and Tier 2 contractors, and design consultants
- Undertaking the role of CDM Principal Designer
- CSM system safety hazard management and assurance
- Interoperability and NTSN compliance management
- Building Information Modelling and provision of 3D and 4D clash detection models
- Scope definition and management
- Writing contract technical requirements
- Definition of commercial performance indicators aligned to engineering interfaces
- Requirements management
- Systems engineering definition, architecture and management tools
- Interface definition and management
- Multidisciplinary design and construction management
- Interdisciplinary design checks and reviews
- SPEED project reviews and peer reviews
- Stakeholder and consents management
- Managing commissioning and entry into service
- Managing handover to operations and maintenance (including Network Rail AMP process)
- Collation of health and safety files
Some of Our Clients
Find out what we can do for you
Engineering management is critical to ensure the safe and efficient operation of their assets and networks.
ei work closely with our clients to ensure that their engineering projects are delivered to the required standards, to the specific requirements, within budget and on time.
ei has developed a self assurance model supported by our bespoke competency assessment matrix. This ensures that ei can provide a formal authority to work for all members of our team.
We provide multidisciplinary engineering management expertise to rail, transportation, and infrastructure projects. Involving the latest in systems engineering thinking, tools and best practice, and apply it practically and pragmatically alongside our design and construction experience.
We successfully define and integrate the technical, contractual, programme, stakeholder and construction interfaces to ensure our projects deliver quality output, to budget and on time.
Innovation & Development
The rail industry is constantly evolving, and innovation, efficiency and development are essential to its continued success.
One of the key areas of innovation in recent years has been the use of 4D visualization and planning techniques.
4D visualization allows project teams to visualize the project and its progress over time, without having to undertake site walkouts, improving communication and collaboration between stakeholders.