Our ESM Service
Engineering Integration provides safety and authorisation support for all types and sizes of projects, from establishing project strategies and processes for meeting the safety and interoperability regulations, to running hazard workshops and managing detailed hazard records, to liaising with independent assessors, approval panels and regulators.
We are able to swiftly and efficiently set-up the procedures and systems you need to manage your system safety responsibilities, whether your projects involve minor changes or a complex transformation or migration.
How we can help
Specifically, Engineering Integration can manage the following:
- Liaise with the ORR to establish or update your Safety Management System
- Prepare your Project / Programme Safety Strategy, Safety Management Plan and Project Authorisation Strategy
- Provide safety management training and briefings to managers, engineers and designers
- Organise and chair Hazard Identification (HAZID) and Hazards & Operability (HAZOP) workshops
- Establish and manage your Hazard Record, including defining safety requirements and risk acceptance principles and working with designers, contractors and suppliers to populate with relevant mitigation evidence
- Establish and manage your NTSN compliance matrix to record interoperability compliance evidence
- Preparing Safety Justification Reports / Safety Cases and working with your independent assessors to ensure timely and progressive assessment of compliance against ROGS, CSM, CDM and RIR
- Attend safety approval panels (NRAP, SRP, AIWAP, etc.) to present summary findings and gain safety acceptance for your project
- Engaging with the ORR at key stages and submitting your authorisation application.
Some of Our Clients
Find out what we can do for you
Engineering management is critical to ensure the safe and efficient operation of their assets and networks.
ei work closely with our clients to ensure that their engineering projects are delivered to the required standards, to the specific requirements, within budget and on time.
ei has developed a self assurance model supported by our bespoke competency assessment matrix. This ensures that ei can provide a formal authority to work for all members of our team.
We provide multidisciplinary engineering management expertise to rail, transportation, and infrastructure projects. Involving the latest in systems engineering thinking, tools and best practice, and apply it practically and pragmatically alongside our design and construction experience.
We successfully define and integrate the technical, contractual, programme, stakeholder and construction interfaces to ensure our projects deliver quality output, to budget and on time.
Innovation & Development
The rail industry is constantly evolving, and innovation, efficiency and development are essential to its continued success.
One of the key areas of innovation in recent years has been the use of 4D visualization and planning techniques.
4D visualization allows project teams to visualize the project and its progress over time, without having to undertake site walkouts, improving communication and collaboration between stakeholders.